Registration and Application Forms:
Are you ready to go to Biloxi, Mississippi or to Staten Island/Long Island, Rochester or Stony Point, New York on one of our eight trips in 2015? Hard copies of the trip forms are available in MacVittie College Union Room 353.You will need to follow these three easy steps to complete your registration. PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING OUT THE FORMS TO AVOID PROBLEMS AND HASSLES:
- If you are interested in participating in the Hurricane Sandy recovery work on Staten Island on May 17-23, please read document # 1, complete documents # 2, # 3, # 4, # 5, and # 6..
- If you are interested in the remaining spces available on the May17-23 Biloxi trip, please read document # 1 and complete documents # 2, # 3, # 4, # 5, and # 6.
- If you are interested in the Weekend of Service in Rochester, please complete registration forms #2, # 3 and # 4.
- If you are interested in the Stony Point, March 15-21 trip, please complete registration form # 2, # 3, # 4, and # 5.
- Be sure you wait to sign #2. Livingston CARES Release and Waiver of Liability Form***. This must be done in the presence of a notary public. There is a notary public available at the Dean of Students Office in MacVittie College Union.
- Bring the completed forms and your check for the trip fees to Livingston CARES in the MacVittie College Union Center for Community Room 353. A staff member will review it and confirm your seat or place you on a wait list if all seats for a specific trip are filled.
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION FORMS:
- Work Trip Application Instructions for 2015 CARES Trips to Biloxi, Staten Island & Long Island (.docx)
- Livingston CARES Release and Waiver of Liability (.doc)
- Livingston CARES Volunteer Information and Emergency Contacts (.docx)
- Livingston CARES Medical Information Form (.docx)
- UMVIM Insurance Form (.docx)
- Volunteer Skills Form (.pdf)
Forms and Deadlines:
Reminder: All forms and payment should be turned in to the Center for Community at SUNY Geneseo, Room 353 of the MacVittie College Union, Monday through Friday 8:00-4:15 P.M. Forms for the 2015 trips are available on the website and hard copies are available at the Center for Community. Students who need assistance with the cost of the trips may request a financial grant on a separate form available at the Center for Community. Registration for all spring 2015 trips remiains open until filled.
2015 Weekend of Service in Rochester
Friday, February 20 to Sunday, February 22
Looking for a get- away volunteer opportunity, but one that is close to campus and only for a weekend?! From Friday February 20 to Sunday February 22, Livingston CARES offers an opportunity for service with the Sisters of St. Joseph in Rochester. Students will stay at the Sisters’ retreat house, departing around 5 pm Friday and getting back no later than noon on Sunday. On Saturday, students will be divided into three groups to work at either Bethany House, Mary’s Place, or Morning Star. Bethany House is a homeless shelter for women and children, Mary’s Place is a non-profit refugee outreach center, and Morning Star is a foster care home for children with physical/emotional needs. The Sisters have a retreat style weekend planned that also includes prayer, reflection, and free time! All faith backgrounds are welcome to participate. There are 12 spaces available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The $20.00 fee includes meals, accommodations and carpooling from Geneseo. Registration forms are available online on this website and in the Center for Community in MacVittie 353..
Nine volunteers par;ticipated in this service trip.
May 2015 Hurricane Sandy Service Trip to Staten Island
Sunday, May 17 to Saturday, May 23
As of 4-06-15, two spaces remain available for this service trip. One van will leave from Geneseo on May 17 and return to campus on May 23. Students from downstate may travel on their own to the host site.
The fee for this trip is $175.00, The fee is payable to Livingston CARES and is due with the registration forms. Fees include accommodations, most meals, t-shirt, insurance and local transportation
May 2015 Service Trip to Biloxi, Mississippi
Sunday, May 17 to Saturday, May 23
Fourteen volunteers will work on home projects under the supervision of Back Bay Mission in Biloxi. The fee for this trip is $585.00 per person. Fees inculde accommodations, most meals, t-shirt, insurance and local transportation. Volunteers will fly on Sunday, May 17 from Rochester to New Orleans and from New Orleans back to Rochester on May 23.Arrangements are also possible for 4 other volunteers to fly from other locations. Registration forms are available in the Center for Community in MacVittie 353.
As of 4-06-15, this trip is filled with fourteen volutneers.
[back to top]